Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aondrus
Level 7

Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Please help! My roku remote is going through batteries. I have to change weekly or else take them out when not using(what  a hassle)! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know about the remote battery drain issue you are experiencing with Streaming Sticks+ (3810). Our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

In the meantime, if you are powering your Streaming Stick through the USB port on your TV, we would recommend that you power your Roku device through a wall outlet to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
71 Replies
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Aondrus,

We appreciate your contact.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll see what I can do to further assist from there.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
DeniseNitti
Level 7

Jump to solution

We've purchased a total of 4 remotes for Roku and 2 of them are draining the batteries almost every few days. I've tried to mail this back to Roku and it was returned to me. Please advise how I can remedy this situation or get them replaced. 

We have 7 Roku's so I'm hoping you have the correct serial #'s. Please reach out if anything else is needed. 

[personal information removed]

Lefty1945
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem,  is there a fix????

0 Kudos
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Lefty1945,

Thanks for the post.

Send me a private message here with your email address, Roku device's serial number, and the description of the issue you are running into, and I'll escalate with our support team so they can investigate further.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
hapuck23
Level 7

Jump to solution

My daughter has a new roku streaming device and her remote dies every 2 weeks. We've gone through so many batteries. Why is this happening? How can it be fixed? Instead of replacing the batteries, this time she downloaded the app and is using that as her remote. It's pretty annoying though. 

0 Kudos
Abrownie3
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. I bought it day after Christmas and batteries died last week and they’re now dead again, I put brand new batteries in.

Rs87277
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have 2 Roku streaming + remotes and they both drain in 2 days.

What can be done, they are both powered by the usb wall outlet

0 Kudos
beatle14
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem, the batteries last less than two weeks.  Is there a solution?

0 Kudos
beatle14
Level 7

Jump to solution

My model number is 3810; serial number is 2130a3019776

0 Kudos