Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kweber

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

What do I do, my remote is draining every 10 date, emeed your support a week back, they haven't bothered getting back to me. 

0 Kudos
megashira
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi All, 

I have got an email back from the support team. I have followed the instructions and so far it worked. I haven't changed the batteries yet. Find the reply below. Hope it helps.

----

Thank you for letting us know about the remote battery drain issue you are experiencing. Our engineering team has released a remote firmware update which should resolve the issue you are seeing. 

In order to update the remote firmware you will need to perform a device restart. This can be performed by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart

Your remote will update to the latest firmware version 4098 and can be verified by navigating to Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes > About

0 Kudos
JackieE

Jump to solution

Hi Danny: I am also having remote draining issue where I have to replace battery every 3 weeks even if I don't use it. The SN: CT38AC899324

Thanks

0 Kudos
Srh27
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. I have an Express 4k+ and have to keep changing the batteries every couple of days on my remote. What's the solution??

0 Kudos
DOuGpRATt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

There is no fix for the problem of Roku's remotes using up batteries. By now, Roku's engineers -- whether employees or contractors -- must know exactly what the underlying issue(s) is/are. Hardware? Firmware? Both? Their apparent need to continue collecting serial numbers seems laughable at this point. There needs to be a formal public statement describing what's been going on with this long-standing problem that spans multiple generations of products.

0 Kudos
Bothwellbuyer2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've been advised to use the Roku app on my phone as the remote I have can't be replaced as I'm in the UK

0 Kudos
mpupraha
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi everybody, I had the same problem, wasn't willing to jump through hoops with Roku to get a replacement remote after seeing no luck on this thread.  After I couldn't even get my Roku to respond at all (even with new batteries) RIGHT IN THE THE MIDDLE of the Packers game last week, I ordered an Amazon Fire stick (only $25 on sale!) and so far am very happy after ditching Roku.  I recommend the same to all of you!

0 Kudos
DOuGpRATt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

In addition to my two Roku sticks, recently purchased, I have a 2-year-old Amazon 4K Fire TV stick with the original batteries still working in the remote.

0 Kudos
Carloune

Jump to solution

IK have the same problem

0 Kudos
Carloune

Jump to solution

I have to replace every single days, please help me 

0 Kudos