Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dav59
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote battery is draining

Jump to solution

This is not a solution, but I had the same problem with my ultra remote since purchase years ago. I started using a very old remote from a unit that no longer works with most apps. It doesn't have all the features of the original, but it works and doesn't eat batteries. I now use the app.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote is draining battery every week

Jump to solution

Hi @GauthierFamily

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
emfollin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You won’t get a solution on here likely because they don’t have one. They’ll just ask for your serial number and send you a new remote, which many of us have the same problems. 

0 Kudos
SoFedUp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

They will ONLY ship you a new remote if you pay $20 in shipping. My system is less than 2 months onld and that is what they just told me. I would like to  suggest that EVERYONE does the same. Maybe if they receive enough of them they will finally (after over a year) resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
agarwalvikas
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

It is the pathetic service from Roku. I complained this earlier and they are asking to get new remote.

It is Roku fault to give the faulty remote and forcing customer to buy another remote.

Regards,

A Dissatisfied Customer

0 Kudos
Lisapink8
Reel Rookie

Remotes work inconsistently and draining batteries

Jump to solution

Roku since the beginning and have always been a fan, HOWEVER LATELY THE REMOTES HAVE BEEN terrible along with the response time of customer service. It's disappointing there is no direct phone number to help troubleshoot problems. I've had 3 replacement voice remotes, all work inconsistently. When working could never get voice feature to work.I’ve tried EVERYTHING suggested here and online. I’m sick of complaining to roku and getting sent remotes that won’t work correctly.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jockfreese @Kimsellsatl 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
bozlax
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Here's some info to pass on to the Support team. I had a theory that the problem was that certain Roku devices weren't "letting go" of the remote when they were off (not that any of them are actually ever off), and that there was some sort of continuous 2-way communication that was keeping the remote working; I think I've pretty well debunked that idea, however.

But, in the course of putting that to bed, today, I realized that both of the devices I've been having trouble with are in parts of the house with high voice traffic. One of them stopped malfunctioning (as badly) when my kids went back to school after Summer Break! The other one, which was eating batteries at a daily rate of 10%, has not even made a dent in the fresh batteries I put in this morning...in the room where my wife normally spends 9-10 hours a day on Zoom and phone...but she's been gone today!

So, just to put the cherry on top, is it possible the problem is simply that the voice remotes don't know to stop listening when the device has been turned "off"? I can see constantly trying to process ambient noise for several hours a day knocking down those two poor, little AAA batteries pretty quickly.

Thanks

mpupraha
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is downright criminal. Roku has known about this issue — a problem that renders their product utterly useless — for over a year. I am not going to page through 38 pages of community support and attempt to figure out my serial number and other highly technical aspects of a service that I expect to WORK as reliably as much as a television does. 
given that nobody is going to offer me a refund, I guess it’s time to retaliate with a bunch of negative reviews on the e commerce space. 

Jump to solution

It seems as though Roku has a problem with remotes and wont do anything about it. Amazon Fire will be my future purchase's Roku is done.

0 Kudos