Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

@Doomtooth @Clash8402 @Griff180 @Jastarne 

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Nwilkinson1011 @mjnolden

Thanks for reaching out!

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nwilkinson1011
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you! The Device ID is 3611447240558068554. It says it is version 6.1.1
Please let me know what other information you need! 

0 Kudos
turpcan

Jump to solution

Remote controller batteries dies in a week. Could you please help me? My device ID 225094009054 and the model is 3810RW. Software version is 10.0.0

0 Kudos
mari0718
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

HI Kariza, can you pass this information along to your support team as well? I posted last week this information but received no reply.

I'm having the same issue. I've updated firmware, plugged the stick into the wall, and still going through a set of batteries within 5 hours of usage. 

Stick SKU: 3800R

Remote Model: RC-AL7

I've got four Roku devices and this one (the newest one) is failing consistently.

SERIAL#CT3064461489

0 Kudos
cra173

Jump to solution

Hello

I have major battery drainage issues in my Roku remote.  Please help me with this situation. My information is as follows:

Roku Device serial #: YH008Y055193

Thank you.

Craig Revill

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Nwilkinson1011 @turpcan @mari0718 @cra173

Thanks for providing us with your information.

I have passed them along to our Support team to assist you further. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they will be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm also having the same issue of the remote draining the batteries every week.

Model Number: 4230X

Serial Number: 632591048687

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rocketman3000

Thanks for reaching out!

Please be aware that the Roku 3 (4230X) is an older Roku device that is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may simply be on its way out. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Azul2
Reel Rookie

Remote battery is draining

Jump to solution

I have a roku express+ 3931RW and my remote battery needs to be replaced every time I go to use my roku. I use my roku a couple times a week and need to replace the batteries each time I want to use it unless I remove the batteries in between use which seems a little ridiculous to have to do.  

I am posting my own post because any of the previous remote battery posts don't have any posted solutions for other people to use.  

0 Kudos