Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rheainsc
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

i am also having this battery issue.  at this point, i'd be ahead financially to just ditch this device and buy something without this problem.  

i see that a roku rep tells people to send in their specific info but does anyone actually get a solution?  does roku send out new controllers?  

will someone from roku pleeeze respond.....what am i to do?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@itsTony @240jetjoc @Richardukor 

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mark26
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I did as asked.  They were very good to me and sent me a new remote. Seems to solve the problem. Or at least my batteries more than a week. Good luck. I hope you get things worked out. 

rheainsc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku introduced a remote with a rechargable battery (USB cord included).  This seems to be a good alternative.  Problem is that it is backlogged @ the Roku website.  Elsewhere it's available for $65 (YIKES!!).

Personally, I believe that Roku should send a new rechargeable device to all who have their inferior remote free of charge.  I paid good money for a system that basically is costing more money every 10 days!  Batteries are not cheap.

What do you say, Roku?????

0 Kudos
Nwilkinson1011
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We have 4 Roku TVs with remotes and 1 drains the batteries every 2-3 days! It is getting expensive in batteries. Is there a fix to this?

0 Kudos
Shosse123

Jump to solution

Mine is doing this. I blamed target batteries but now it is doing the same thing with Duracell or Energizer.  
Roku Premiere (4620 series) 

Serial Number YHOODJ461166
Model 3810RW

Device ID 27507D461166

0 Kudos
ALily

Jump to solution

My Roku Voice remote keeps draining my batteries as well. This is my 2nd remote in just over 1 year and the 3rd set of batteries for this remote; the batteries die super fast. This doesn't happen to any of my other 2 Roku remotes, I've changed the batteries in them maybe once (which is still pretty often for a remote, but manageable). This time my voice remote stopped working (worked the night before) without any warning of the battery level dropping. Is there any way to fix my remote or get it replaced? I've tried all the troubleshooting tasks and nothing works.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @rheainsc @Shosse123

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Nwilkinson1011

Thanks for reaching out!

Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@ALily

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About or at the back of the player itself. 

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator