Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

If you are experiencing an issue with remote battery drain and have not already, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.                                                                                                              

How does one perform a factory reset?   

0 Kudos
sunshinelori
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny

I HAVE A ROKU STREAMING STICK + 3810X 

SERIAL NUMBER YH008K969083 DEVICE ID 213018969083

LORI NATOLI (SUNSHINELORI)

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@sunshinelori

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
itsTony

Jump to solution

Model 3941X Roku Express 4K+; Serial number X01600GWEA26; Device ID S07P514WEA26; Software Version 10.0.1 build 4180-CR. Purchased on 6/17/21 from Amazon. I'm having the same issues as everyone else where my remote is draining too fast.  I would say around 2 weeks it would drain to 0%.  I have the previous version of Roku and had no issues before like this. Please assist me with this, thank you.

mari0718
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. I've updated firmware, plugged the stick into the wall, and still going through a set of batteries within 5 hours of usage. 

Stick SKU: 3800R

Remote Model: RC-AL7

I've got four Roku devices and this one (the newest one) is failing consistently.

SERIAL#CT3064461489

0 Kudos
Dalamarde
Reel Rookie

Remote batteries are draining to fast.

Jump to solution

How do I contact support to fix remote?   I don't use the voice feature. And it only drains 1 of the 2 batteries. Every 2-3 weeks.

Richardukor
Channel Surfer

Roku Premiere+ 3921RW Remote RC128 batteries draining within 1 week

Jump to solution

Have Roku Premiere+ 3921RW with RC128 IR remote. Recently have experienced annoying issues with the remote e.g. Roku not responding to key presses on remote, being very finicky re where the remote is pointed, volume control & on/off stopped working reliably, but most annoying is ridiculously short battery life. Removing and reinserting the batteries sometimes resolves the “no response” problems...

I do not use headphones with the remote and it stays on the end table when not in use. I have updated to the latest s/w and restarted the device.

Seen similar posts on the Community but no answers for my specific configuration.

Please help

Roku Premiere+ 3921RW
Serial # YH0090036551
s/w 10.5.0 build 4174-91
Voice Remote RC128
Firmware version 2.01.19.108
Battery level 74% (batteries new as of yesterday)

240jetjoc

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. Remote Model: RC-AL7
SKU 3226000838
SN 215050827832
Model 3810X

The remote works for a few days and then the batteries are fully drained. Please help me get this issue resolved. I'm hoping you will send out a new remote that doesn't do this, otherwise I'm going to have to ditch this, and switch over to a Firestick.

rashidch

Re: Roku Premiere+ 3921RW Remote RC128 batteries draining within 1 week

Jump to solution

I'm also facing exactly the same issue. Kindly update if you ever get any workaround. Have seen multiple similar posts but I think Roku doesn't want to resolve this issue for some mysterious reasons.

0 Kudos