Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AWu

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Dear @RokuKariza-D:

I am having the same issue with fast battery drain on the remote of our 3810X ROKU Streaming Stick+.

The serial number is YH009N352625. I am testing the proposed workaround by powering the stick from an outlet instead of a TV USB port starting today and will report my results in a few days here.

I actually have two ROKU Streaming Sticks and don't appear to have the same problem with the second one. I will also follow up with that unit's serial number so your engineers can compare.

Is there a possible issue based on what kind of TV the sticks are plugged in to? If that is a line you may be investigating, I will follow up with the TV's these are plugged in to.

Another possible thing I'll try is pair a different remote to the ROKU and see what happens. I haven't bothered yet because of the workarounds I'm currently doing below.

(1) have lots of rechargeable batteries. I have a pair always recharging next to the TV so I can swap out the batteries or

(2) I downloaded the ROKU app on my iPhone and use the app to control my ROKU.

NOTE: None of these are acceptable solutions at this time. I want the remote to work properly.

Thank you for your consideration.

AWu

UPDATE: 9/27/2021

Here is an update. I've checked my 2nd Roku Streaming Stick+ that doesn't have the remote battery drain issue. It is plugged into a TV and is powered by a USB on the TV. A noted difference is that this TV keeps the USB port powered even when the TV is turned "off." There are posts on here suggesting that an unpowered Roku stick may be part of the issue.

On the TV with the fast battery draining remote, after I plugged it directly into the outlet instead of the TV, its charge has held steady at 51% for the last 24 hours which is an improvement from before. It would drop 5-6% per day previously.

0 Kudos
Hook1169

Jump to solution

Mode - 9101X

S/N - YL00E5073457

version 10.0.0 build 4209-95

batteries are dead in a week. I don’t understand why the issue keeps getting forwarded to support for all of these. It is an obvious issue with many users experiencing it. Can’t the fox be posted or state that there isn’t one without this extra effort?

very frustrating 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Hook1169, @MorphingSquid, @AWu

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the posts. 

If you're experiencing rapid battery drain on your remote, please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cchristensen18
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Kariza,

I am still experiencing this issue. My Roku device serial number is YH008D264747. Please send a replacement functional remote ASAP.

Thanks,

Chase                                                                   

0 Kudos
VenkatP

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuMary-F 

I wanted to post a problem on the community page.

While doing so, I noticed that you have promised a subscriber who has a similar problem to help. I thought I would share my device details with you. My Roku - SKU Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series)  #3810R.#SN:213111040553

The problem I face: My Roku streaming stick+ drains batteries on an average of 4 weeks every time. I have plugged it into my TV [ Samsung ]. I use DURACELL AAA.

Look forward to a solution.

0 Kudos
JamesLiz1230
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D 

Thanks for offering to pass this along to the proper team.     Batteries draining way too fast.  

TCL Model: 55US5800

Serial Number:  YW009R256070

Software Version  10.0.0 - build 4209-22

Device ID:  549009256070

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Cchristensen18 @VenkatP

Thanks for providing us your information.

I have passed them along to our support team to assist you further. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email as they'll be reaching you out from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JamesLiz1230

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

You can contact TCL Support here: https://support.tcl.com/us or at 1-877-300-8837.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Clash8402
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem over the last couple months and it seems to be getting worse, with the most recent set of new batteries lasting only 3-4 days. 

Mine is a Roku streaming stick + model 3810RW.

0 Kudos