Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gecete
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone,

I have the same problem with my Roku Express 4K+ remote. Brand new Duracell batteries died within 8 days, other sets of GP batteries last long 5 days.

Need help!

0 Kudos
gecete
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello Kariza and Roku Technical Team,

My Roku remote control drain batteries super fast, average the brand new batteries set last long within 5 days. It is affected. Please help ASAP!!!

Model: 3941RW - Roku Express 4K+

Serial number: X016001X0CVM

Thanks,

Giang Trinh

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Mark26 @msmith1270 @gecete

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my Roku Express 4K+ remote. Brand new Duracell batteries died within 7 days. New ones put in are already down to 20% after 3 days.

Roku Remote: Voice remote - Model RC609 Firmware rtn.4120

Roku: 3941X - Roku Express 4K+

Serial Number: X016002WPTLY  Software version 10.01 Build 4180- CR

Device ID S07P216WPTLY

Bought roku express less than 2 weeks ago.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @HelloWorldUser

Thanks for providing us your information.

I have passed them along to our Support team to assist you further. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching you out from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JamesLiz1230
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do I get this fixed?   My battery won’t last more than a few days. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi - I am having the same issue as everyone else with the three Roku sticks I have. Model an SN for two below, the other is in the basement so can give you when you follow up.

SN: 213049447483 Model: 3810X

SN; 2150CF296496 Model: 3810X

We have taken to pulling the batteries out when not in use - but this really is not a good solution - we forgot last night and they were at zero today.

I agree with everyone’s frustration, you have a great product but this irritating and costly issue persists - yet you don’t seem to care - there is no acknowledgment or explanation - you must have technical folks to have developed this system - what do they have to say about the cause of this issue? Why do you think replacement remotes will fix it?

thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Invest in Duracell and Engerizer stock since batteries die in 3 days with no usage and the unit is "off".

0 Kudos
bozlax
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Good morning. I have a 3810 streaming stick, a Roku TV (TCL) and a Roku Soundbar. The Soundbar and 3810 are both definitely crushing batteries, I'm not 100% certain about the TV.

I know this is an issue, but can't seem to find a solution. Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
TW00000

Jump to solution

This is happening to me also. What’s the fix?

0 Kudos