Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xrivera69

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

i have a roku sound bar and the control drain batteries very fast and now this is bad the cost of batteries.

need a fast solution

0 Kudos
msmith1270
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with the remote draining the batteries in about a week.  I switched to powering my Roku device through a wall outlet but it made no difference.  The remote is still draining the batteries.

0 Kudos
Mark26
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue. The remote downstairs for my other Roku has never had its batteries changed yet the one upstairs I’ve changed out it doesn’t times already. I saw the message to PM Danny, I have no idea how to do that. Please help. Thanks

0 Kudos
Troberson47
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
  • My Roku is powered from outlet and still drains remote battery. You know you have a problem and lots of engineers.  FIX THE PROBLEM.  I have been with ROKU for over ten years and have never had this issue.
  • i have one foot out the door and will send my new stick back for refund.
0 Kudos
MSP1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

SOLUTION! (Finally)

I had posted here to the forum about my battery draining issue (you can find my posts in this thread). A Roku moderator requested the specifics on my remote, which I replied here and provided. I was told I’d be contacted by support, which I was via email. They asked for my mailing address to send me a new remote. THIS IS THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR THIS ISSUE (unless you count taking the batteries out). FYI: I replied with my address and never got an acknowledgment, etc. from Roku, nothing. I tried using the online chat to confirm they received my email and that they were sending a replacement. They were able to confirm that they received the email, but nothing else - not very helpful. They suggested phoning the Roku support desk (then why am I on chat with you?). I DID receive a remote in the mail about a week later. At the time I swapped remotes my battery level was 67% - today it is at 79%. So… it charges the batteries? Who knows… but the drain issue seems to have gone away so I consider that a solution. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@CloudNinja21 @JimKNY @lsteinb9 @geonik09

Thanks for providing us your information.

I have passed them along to the appropriate Roku team to assist you further. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching you out from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts. 

If you're experiencing rapid battery drain on your remote, please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings System About.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mark26
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, in response to your message concerning the rapid drain of batteries on my remote, the serial number to my Roku is YH007T653265. Thank you very much for reaching out. 

0 Kudos
nlewalski
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How is this not a formal product recall? It sure seems like you have sold a faulty product yet have not gone through a recall process. I love Roku but this sure seems shady.

0 Kudos
msmith1270
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help.  Here is the requested information.

My Serial # is:YH008L190922

Model# is: 3810RW - Roku Streaming Stick+

Please let me know if additional information is needed.

Mike

0 Kudos