Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smarkcum
Level 8

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

I won't know for a few weeks. 

0 Kudos
M3lon268
Level 7

Jump to solution

Standby ? Really ? It should drain batteries no matter what it's on !

0 Kudos
smarkcum
Level 8

Jump to solution

I looked at my up time in the settings and it showed over 15 hours of uptime.  That was first thing in the morning and it should have been off overnight.  I restarted it and checked the uptime and it had reset to 1 min or so.  So I set my settings to turnoff or standby all items connected.  

0 Kudos
MDD23
Level 7

Jump to solution

My 3810x recently began exhibiting the same behavior. I've always powered it through the wall outlet.

0 Kudos
bnhs
Level 7

Jump to solution

Admin,

Our remote batteries are getting drained in just 7 days. This has started happening recently as of now in 8 weeks we have thrown 16 batteries.

Can you please help us ?

Thanks,

Nir

0 Kudos
bnhs
Level 7

Jump to solution

Model: 4200X - Roku 3

Serial No:1GU470109508

Remote Model : RC03

P/N: 9026000130

IC: 5959A-RCB3

FCCID: TC2-RCB3

Batteries are getting drained out. We have to replace 2 batteries every week. Can we get any help. All details of the product and the remote we are using are given here.

Thanks,

Nir

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @bnhs,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are having a battery drain issue.

Please be aware that the Roku 3 (4200X) is an older Roku device that is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may simply be on its way out. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Roku support.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
THADDEUS1
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've had my Roku stick for a couple years with no problems until a couple months ago. Suddenly batteries drain in 1 to 2 weeks.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @THADDEUS1,

Welcome to the Roku Community! 

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing. I will do my best to assist you

Please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About. Additionally, if you had moved your Roku device power source to a wall outlet to help address this problem, you may now reconnect the USB cable to your TV's USB port if preferred.

If you are still having any issues with your remote battery drain after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.
Please let us know if you notice any improvements in battery life or if the issue is persisting.

Kind regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
rokoo1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Why is my remote draining the batteries dry every week or less?

0 Kudos