Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku remote down arrow

Jump to solution

I am trying to set up a new Roku express. Every button on the remote works except the down arrow. I am now unable to connect to the wireless network to try and use the mobile remote. I can manage to put in wireless password using * button to go to the bottom of keypad, but cannot scroll down to get to connect. I have been trying to get with Roku technical help, wait time seems to be getting longer as I hold, rather than shorter. Is there anything I am missing besides getting a replacement remote?

thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku remote down arrow

Jump to solution

@cybrarian1981 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
28 Replies
Level 20

Jump to solution

If the key is broken, it's broken. You will need a another remote, it doesn't have to be true roku remote, the express accepts IR commands so cheap universal remote from target, a drug store, dollar store will probably have roku code nowadays. Do you have Comcast or Charter cable remote? Some have roku codes in them, 2371 or 202371. Can you check the remote, while looking through a cellphone camera press the down key see if you see a flash like other keys, that would prove its the remote and not roku.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Kmcwrc2012 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a similar situation

Please help me

Thanks

nattamai

[personal information removed]

YJ003J082130

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@nattamai

Thanks for the inquiry.

I have followed up in a private message and will assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue - down arrow not working on Roku Ultra remote.  

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@zashour 

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just bought totally new Roku stick+ and down arrow key doesn't work and having same problems as others had it in past. Very annoying

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am setting up a brand new Roku streaming stick + at my mom's house, same issue, down arrow does not work on the remote

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@AKJ @Ahpotter 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos