Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zlxgriffin

Roku remote control buttons act stuck

A couple of weeks ago one of my Roku remote controls began seeming to be stuck in a command such as fast forward etc...now it turns the FB in and off when I’m not even touching it. Have unplugged everything from the wall to reboot, changed the batteries but no luck. It keeps getting worse. We’ve had 2 Roku’s for 5 years now and only one is having this problem. Have read the blogs to find this is it uncommon but haven’t found any answers that resolve the issue.

7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote control buttons act stuck

Just for clarity, which button is the "stuck" one? More than one?

There seems to be a typo in your message. "it turns the FB in and off when I’m not even touching it" doesn't make much sense to me. Perhaps edit the post to correct the typo so we can better understand what's happening.

One question anyway: is the "stuck" button always transmitting the command? Or is the situation that when you press a button, multiple commands (or repeated commands) are being executed? Or something else?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
zlxgriffin

Apologies for the typo. Basically the fast forward, reverse and pause-continue buttons appear to be ‘stuck’ because once you push them, they continue to go forward/backwards and won’t stop unless you exit out of the show or completely out of the streaming service. It seems to be the remote signals are crossing somehow with the other remote signal in the house which is what I’ve seen reported from other users on the blogs. Last night I finally turned the TV off with the remote, set it on the TV stand and the TV turned back on again by itself twice even after I had walked away from the TV. It doesn’t seem to be a battery issue and unplugging the TV from the wall completely to reboot has no affect. Our other TV Roku/remote is working great. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Is this a roku tv? Or do you have tv and roku connected to it? If its the latter then you have two remotes that control the tv? where's the tv remote, is it in a cushion, under a book? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. It started when my power went out - seemed to mess up all of my electronics. I've tried everything to fix it. Nothing works. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Boakmoney77

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sdt322
Reel Rookie

Same/similar problem. Roku Ultra started scrolling through menus with Roku remote or a programmed IR universal remote. Only if I reset Roku box (power off,disconnect from TV) then use IPad Roku app can I use Roku. Is there a solution? 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Sdt322

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Have you checked to see if any of the directional buttons are stuck or lodged? Does the problem persist if you remove the batteries from the remote?

Please keep us updated on your findings, and we will be happy to help you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos