Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku remote changing apps on its own

Hi!

A few days ago I started having issues with my Roku Premiere+ my point anywhere remote. It first started with the down button, every time I press it, it goes to the left. The back arrow is opening Vudu and most recently every time I select a channel it will automatically push me out of that channel and open Sling or Vudu.

I have searched the forums for a solution and I can't seem to find any. I do not have the Roku mobile app paired and I disabled the option on my Roku as well. 

Please let me know if any of you have been able to solve this issue.

Thanks!

8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Roku remote changing apps on its own

Have you tried restarting the device?
Settings > System > System restart
(Or for Roku TV: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

These things are just little special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes you just need to clear things out by restarting them.

If a restart doesn't do it, try pulling the power plug to the device for a minute or so then plugging it back in.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I have done the system restart and unplugged the device several times and the problem persists. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@LCarolM 

Thanks for the post.

I have responded to the PM that you sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Was there any resolution Roku Streaming Stick (3600 series) #?  Mine changing even after troubleshooting as mentioned.  This is my 4th Roku and I've never had this problem.  Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I'll let you know, it kind of fixed itself on its own for a few days but now is really going crazy. None of the buttons is doing what they're supposed to with the exception of the home button

Highlighted
Level 7

When hitting the star key it opens prime video even when on the home screen. This happens on both tcl tvs That I oem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@DavidKnox 

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact TCL here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having this same issue....actual remote and from the app as well....

0 Kudos