Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote batteries keeps dying every week 😒

Hi @Bonez,

Thanks for following up.

Our Roku Support team has reached out to you via email. We recommend checking for the email in your spam or junk folder if it's not in the inbox. As they will be the best in assisting you with this issue. 

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mary_In_Florida
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue, constantly replacing the batteries, the remote become unresponsive often, sometimes taking the batteries out and then putting them back in again helps but it is annoying and frustrating. This is the 4th and newest Roku that I have purchased over the years and this is the first issue that I have had with the remote and I never use the voice feature.

Please advise.

Roku Voice Remote Model #RC691 RF342B-T6-03 1-1

Thank you,

Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mary_In_Florida,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device that is paired with the remote?

Please keep us posted with the detail.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mary_In_Florida
Reel Rookie

Hi,

I never heard back after giving my serial number on December 1st. The remote is very unreliable, even when it has fresh batteries after a few days it becomes unresponsive until buttons have been pushed multiple times and many times it requires taking the batteries out and then putting them back in. 

Thank you,

Mary In Florida

Kumar123

Roku remote batteries keeps dying every week 😒

If the remote is not properly paired to the TV it will drain the batteries in a few days. Open the battery compartment to locate the pairing button - as shown in above image. Press and hold the pairing button for three (3) seconds or until the pairing light starts flashing.

0 Kudos
Bonez
Channel Surfer

I mean, that’s great & all, but the remote loses its pairing for mysterious reasons & it is an unannounced phenomenon. So yeah, pair it up!  But then it becomes unpaired & drains all the battery out. But thanks for pitching in!

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

I got a new Streaming Stick 4K a couple of weeks ago. The remote that came with it is slightly smaller than the remote that came with the same exact Streaming Stick 4K that I got back in July. Comparing them side by side not only is there a size difference, but this new remote DOES NOT have a pairing button inside the battery compartment like the old one does.

It seems Roku is now designing these voice remotes (at least the ones that come with the Streaming Stick 4K) without a pairing button anymore. This obviously makes it more difficult to pair because there is no button to press any longer, now you basically have to rely on the remote to go into pairing mode on its own when you insert the batteries and hope it works.

I really don't know what's going on with Roku and their remote issues but it's absolutely ridiculous. There is the constant battery drain issue, the battery warning pop ups on the screen that you can't disable because Roku won't give us a setting for it. Then some people having trouble with the rechargeable voice remotes which also drain the rechargeable battery too fast and then fail to charge properly when plugged in.

I've said it numerous times here, these Roku Voice Remotes are a TERRIBLE defective design and they need to be replaced completely with a new design that actually functions properly. But don't hold your breath on that, all they will do here at best is ask for your serial number, then mail you a replacement remote that is the same flawed type of remote you already have and it will still kill your batteries just as fast.

The people that design these remotes at Roku seem to have a policy of ignoring these flawed remotes and continuing to produce more of them instead of actually correcting the problems. It really is amazing, there are topics here complaining about these very same voice remote issues going back several years and nothing has been done to fix a single one of these issues.

Roku, wake up and correct these voice remote design flaws once and for all! Your paying customers have had enough!

0 Kudos
Bonez
Channel Surfer

Mary, no email from Roku in my email files, not even in my junk folder!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bonez

Thanks for the follow up.

Have you made sure to check the email account that is linked to your Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bonez
Channel Surfer

Yes, I do check the email associated with my account . . . .  Indeed, I know to keep coming back to this thread to re-state again & again that I’ve gotten no reach out from Roku tech because I get email notifications when new posts are made.

But no, there is nothing in my email from Roku tech.  Just the emails letting me know you are once again suggesting I check my email for a note that Roku tech support never sends. . . 

0 Kudos