Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam4140

Roku remote and Amazon Fire Omni TV

Jump to solution

I purchased a new Amazon Fire TV 65" Omni Series 4K UHD smart TV made by Amazon but I cannot link  my remote to power on  off or volume. It does not show up in the lists of TV's when setting up the remote. 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Optimus
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote and Amazon Fire Omni TV

Jump to solution

Still using TCL as a TV type:

Upon initial power on using the Roku Ultra remote with the Amazon Fire Omni series TV will default to the Amazon dashboard. 

Pressing the home button on the Roku Ultra remote, Amazon will prompt you with a question asking if you want to switch inputs.

Blessedly there is a checkbox on the Amazon UI to say remember this choice.  You want it to remember. 

After that (so far) mine will allow me to turn the TV on and go straight to Roku's dashboard simply by pressing the home button on the Roku ultra remote. 

No more need to press the power button on the Roku Ultra remote after this initial setup.  Hopefully it stays this way!

View solution in original post

Optimus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
7 REPLIES 7
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Give Insignia and Toshiba codes a try? They were the first Fire TV brands to hit the market. Throw in LG too. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Optimus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So far I tried LG, Insignia, and Toshiba to no avail.  Looking more and more likely that I'll have to return this TV.  Definitely can't tolerate the overwhelming apple tv ads.  Roku rocks!

0 Kudos
Optimus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I feel there is some irony here, but TCL works so far...  More testing is needed before declaring victory.

0 Kudos
Optimus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still using TCL as a TV type:

Upon initial power on using the Roku Ultra remote with the Amazon Fire Omni series TV will default to the Amazon dashboard. 

Pressing the home button on the Roku Ultra remote, Amazon will prompt you with a question asking if you want to switch inputs.

Blessedly there is a checkbox on the Amazon UI to say remember this choice.  You want it to remember. 

After that (so far) mine will allow me to turn the TV on and go straight to Roku's dashboard simply by pressing the home button on the Roku ultra remote. 

No more need to press the power button on the Roku Ultra remote after this initial setup.  Hopefully it stays this way!

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

So when entered TCL brand did you chose TCL or TCL ROKU TV?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Optimus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just TCL.

Jump to solution

I had the same problem. I was going to take the Amazon Fire TV back until I tried using the TCL code for the roku ultra voice remote. My remote used TCL code number 3. So happy this worked! After doing that I shut the TV off with the Roku remote, but to turn it back on and totally bypass the Amazon Fire App screen you only push the HOME button on the Roku remote. You do not push the power on button, just home button. The home button both turns the Fire TV on and loads the ROKU apps.Sweet.:)

0 Kudos