Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MToddP
Level 7

Roku remote. Not responding but makes sound

My standard IR remote won't respond, except when I press home. I hear the clicking noise and see the front LED respond to button presses on the remote. I tried replacing batteries and the restart the Roku and placing the batteries into the remote on the splash page(and have tried on the home screen as well). My roku box exhibits odd behaviors with other remotes not programmed for the device. Defective remote or defective Roku.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku remote. Not responding but makes sound

@MToddP 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MToddP
Level 7

I have a Roku Premiere.
I am guessing this is an intermittent problem.
When the problem occurs.
My non-universal TV remote, which uses IR, will control a couple of the functions of the Roku Premiere. Mostly the skip ahead or skip back functions. When this issue occurs, the Roku Premiere remote will have limited functionality. That functionality being the home button and the channel buttons. When this is happening, Pressing any button on either remote gets a sound response from the Roku Premiere, but only with the limited functionality as mentioned. Using Roku the app, is not an issue when this occurs.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@MToddP 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that this may have been caused from the IR interference from your other remote with the Roku Premiere device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos