Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku remote Headphones stopped working after update?

My headphones plugged into the Roku remote stopped working, meaning after plugging into the remote sound continues to come through the TV but not the headphones.  I have tried:1) several sets of new batteries; 2) several different headsets; 3) rebooting/repairing of remote; 4) setting Audio>Audio Mode='Stereo' and Audio>HDMI='PCM-Stereo < suggestion from another post.

The curious items:

1) This has taken place on Both of my Roku boxes and remotes on two different TVs

2) They stopped working after a Roku software update on 11/7/2019

Specs: Roku box = 2720X

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Roku remote Headphones stopped working after update?

My 2720x updated on 11/8/19, and also lost audio on the remote headphone jack.  An earlier update effectively disabled the volume control on the remote. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I too have the same problem.  First for six months I couldn’t adjust the volume on the headphones.  Then after last update the headphones completely stopped working. When you plug in headphones the volume graphic pops up on screen so I know it’s not a problem with remote/batteries.  Replaced headphones with 4 different sets so it’s not that.  It’s definitely a firmware issue. The roku box detects the headphones but does not switch the audio to the headphones.  Same volume is stuck on 27 or 28.  I can adjust up and down on the two buttons so it is not a rocker switch issue.  Please fix this.  

Highlighted
Level 7

Me too. Headphones with jack all of a sudden stopped working. Tried everything...different headphones...reset roku...re-paired...etc, etc.   What's up? Need help.: smiley frustrated:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same here what's the fix?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Has anyone heard back from Roku yet?What's the fix?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I have not received any information from Roku or anyone.  Guess they want me to buy another roku box?

Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU updates software, opps, sorry, your remote no longer works. Need to buy another ROKU.

Of course, if they offered a replacement remote, that would be great. But they have 20 Billion different remotes and none of them work with other ROKU's. Poor engineering or designed obsolescence. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@GymPants05 @david60504 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would be happy to look into this issue for you. What Roku model device are you using with your remote that has private listening?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

In response to Roku Employee RokuDanny-R:

My model as in my original post is below.  do you need more information?  Thank you for trying to help, I was unsure if anyone would try to help.

In my original post on 11/12/2019 here is my model:
Specs: Roku box = 2720X

0 Kudos