Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku "Not Connected" msg, Remote not working

I have a RokuStick.  Remote turns TV on and off.  Roku splash screen displays with "Not connected" status.  Up, down, home, buttons on remote do not work.  I have reset my router, unplugged Roku without any luck.  Everything was working fine the day before.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Roku "Not Connected" msg, Remote not working

You have to pair your remote.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Remote-Pairing-and-Troubleshooting-Help/m-p/514414...

And then you can access your wifi Settings.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

After going thru all the troubleshooting suggestions, I was not able to solve my network connection problem or the remote not working problem.   I ordered the HDMI extender but didn't think it would solve either of the problems. Well....

I plugged the faulty ROKU StreamingStick+ into the extender and into the TV.  I powered on the TV manually (no remote) and the TV did not recognize the ROKU.  I switched HDMI ports and the TV still did not recognize the ROKU.  So, I disconnected the extender and plugged the ROKU stick directly into the HDMI port again just to make sure the TV would recognize it without the extender.  AND... the TV recognized the ROKU and I was able to pair the remote to the TV.  I did not do anything between using the extender and not using it.   One thing I did notice was that the pairing button on the remote was blinking prior to using the HDMI extender, then was off after I tried the extender.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

nevermind!  I turned on my TV again this morning and I have the exact same issue as before.  Unfortunately, I left the extender at home so could not duplicate the "solution".  I will try again tomorrow.  However, I think this is an indication of a problem that just happened to go away when I plugged extender in/out.  

0 Kudos