Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Roku not responding to remote

I bought a roku, installed it but the remote seems to not work. My brother has a different roku in his bedroom and works fine. When i connect it the purple background with the channels come up but the remote will not work. I opened an account on roku  and it asks me to activate device, i click on it and it says enter link code displayed on tv. But nothing comes up on the tv just the purple background with the channels roku has. The remote will not work. i have changed batteries twice but no luck. This is the second roku i have had issues with, the previous ( stick) roku had the same issue. Also if i login to the roku app from my iphone it will automatically add my brothers roku, dont understand why. Can  Somebody help????

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: roku startup giving me a headache

What's the model number of the Roku?  If it's a box, it should be on the bottom,  I'm not sure about whether the sticks have a model number on them anywhere.  Also, what's the model number of the remote?  It should be under one of the batteries.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

the model is 3920X ( Roku box says 3920X, but the barcode on the packaging box says 3920R) and the S/S is K439DG164858. I was thinking what if its just bad luck and I got 2 defective Rokus, first the stick and now this one. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Highlighted

forgot to mention: the remote SKU is 3226000758. The stick also has a S/N 5S56DL135533 and remote FCC id: TTC2-RCB9 and part number 3226000159.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

So it looks like you have a Premiere model 3920.  Are you using the remote that came with it or the remote from your stick?  I don't know if they are interchangeable.  You might want to start a new thread in the Remotes and Accessories section asking for help to pair a remote to your Premiere model 3920.  There are people there much more knowledgeable about remotes than I am, @Tivoburkee in particular.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

If you're treating your new roku like your previous roku stick, that might be culprit, sticks have wifi remotes and can buried behind a tv, where your premiere has IR remote it needs a clear line of sight to the roku or it might not work. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

That RCB9 remote is Wi-Fi direct, is it not?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Not one  I heard of, and premiere's don't come with wifi remotes. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@cindyrosas213  Thanks for reaching out! You'll want to make sure that you are using the remote that was included with your device. The Roku Premiere (3920) uses an IR remote that will need a clear line of sight to the front of your device in order to work properly. If you are trying to use a different remote from another Roku device, it may not be compatible with your device. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos