Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku “not connected”, remote not working

@Meghan007

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried to reset the remote by pressing the home button, arrow down button, and pairing button altogether for 6 seconds then release? After doing the reset, remove the batteries from the remote. While the batteries are out, press and hold the OK button for 5 seconds to drain the remaining power from the remote. Then reboot your Roku unit. Reinsert the batteries back and press and hold the black/pairing button for 5 seconds. Check if you got the light on the remote and observe if the remote will pair back.

In addition, we recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve issues with my Roku® voice remote? | Official Roku Support 

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Meghan007
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuDanny-R, thank you so much! That did the trick! 

0 Kudos
Amsy

PLEASE can some one help, I have two Roku sticks and this has happened to both (hence buying the second) Remote wont work or pair,  app won’t work either as neither will connect to the internet. 

0 Kudos
DanaLouise
Reel Rookie

Hi everyone,          

I ended up getting a new stick with ability to access internet long distance. My previous roku was six years old. Good luck.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Amsy, have you tried what @RokuDanny-R suggested above?

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Roku-not-connected-remote-not-working/m-p/713014/h...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Stmbtmama

I’m having the same issue as the 2 previous ppl you requested to PM you (Roku Not Connected, remote not pairing). I would’ve PMd you but I don’t see how to do that.

0 Kudos
Veronica57

I have the same issue and nothing is working. How can I get actual help with this common issue?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Veronica57

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model device are you using?

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: Fix your remote

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue. I have tried everything mentioned in the thread with no success. Please help!!!

0 Kudos
DanaLouise
Reel Rookie

I ended up getting a new roku stick. Mine was six years old. The remote that came with the new one doesn’t work for me. I use the roku app on my phone. Easier to search too using keyboard. Hope you get yours figured out.

0 Kudos