Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resi4u

Roku “not connected”, remote not working

My roku was disconnected on accident. When I reconnected it the battery wasn’t working. I tried to re-pair it but the green light keeps flashing and no pairing is happening. The roku screen itself says “not connected” although my internet hasn’t changed. I tried unplugging router, unplugging roku and taking batteries out of remote before attempting to re-pair but nothing Is working. Can anyone help?

45 REPLIES 45
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku “not connected”, remote not working

What model Roku? When you say not connected, you are referring to the network connection? 

I believe to activate the pairing with a WiFi Direct remote, it has to be done within a certain length of time after booting the Roku. Not saying that as a fact, but I think it has to be initiated within 30 seconds or so of booting the Roku up.

If the Roku has a network connection, you could use the Roku app on a phone or tablet, and initiate the remote pairing from the Settings/Remote menu. But that won't work without a working network connection for the Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Resi4u

“Roku streaming stick plus”. On the Home Screen of roku in the top right corner it says “not connected”. I assume that means internet isn’t connected. I tried the app and it can’t find a device so I assume it’s because device isn’t connected to internet? I pushed the pairing button within five seconds of reconnecting the roku but the light just keeps flashing 😞

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Resi4u wrote:

“Roku streaming stick plus”. On the Home Screen of roku in the top right corner it says “not connected”. I assume that means internet isn’t connected. I tried the app and it can’t find a device so I assume it’s because device isn’t connected to internet? I pushed the pairing button within five seconds of reconnecting the roku but the light just keeps flashing 😞

Thank you. Yes, that means no network connection so no ability to use the app. I'm now at a loss for why it's not connecting. @RokuDanny-R will likely have some additional trouble-shooting tips to try. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Resi4u

Thanks! In the meantime I did a hard reset of the ROKU but am now stuck in pairing mode. Remote won’t pair so I can’t set up ROKU. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Resi4u 

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
cassie2

I have a Roku 4 that I am not able to connect to any or my 3 remotes

I have a Roku 4 i am nor able to connnec to any remote   

I brought it to another TV where another SECOND Roku is currently working and switched them out    This one that works is a different  modelI was able to connect  this.

Both of these accept a WIRED connection.  With the second one - I connected wired WIRED connection then updated the wireless connection  (I recently installed a new   router)   And connected it to a remote.

But the first roku is stuck on the main ROKU screen playing the hynoptic music.  No remote will work with it.  and the roku app on my Android cell phone doesn't see it.  

HAS this first one died?  Lights on still on the roku.

0 Kudos
Rdorf7

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem as resi4u above with the Roku streaming stick + showing not connected, the remote flashing green but unable to pair. Can you please assist?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Rdorf7

Thanks for the post.

Is there a light on the Roku device? Have you tried plugging the device into another HDMI port to see if you can see a signal? For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DavidG1967

I had issue also, found out the new router I put in rejects the remotes, so I took the old router and connected to the Ethernet output of the new router and now all remotes work fine...please don't ask why, crazy stuff, it was a new router Spectrum/Charter had given me, the old one was one I bought a year or so ago.

0 Kudos