Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku remote app won’t display correctly on iPad

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Our team is currently looking into this. Once we got an update, we'll post it in this thread. In the meantime, we recommend you try closing the app then make sure to launch it on your iPad in portrait mode. The app should look and work normally.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jsibley
Reel Rookie

The app will only launch and display in portrait mode on my iPad mini., so that won’t help until they put back whatever recognized and dealt with the iPad mini screen size. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Oxford77
Channel Surfer

App opens in portrait mode.  Not sure how you change it to landscape mode, though it does seem that would be a good workaround.  

Mindygirl

Yes the roku app. I am also experiencing thus issue since the latest update

947852B4-68EC-45B5-94BD-FFD62FF2AF90.jpeg

No matter what way you turn screen, zoom in full screen or zoom out, it is not displaying correctly, but did work up until this last update. Here’s a screen shot…

gigabyte
Reel Rookie

I’ve used the remote app for many years on a iPad and iPad mini.

The recent update did exactly what has been reported..it made the app unusable in its present form on an iPad, because the controls are off screen and the Check it Out box, when clicked, leaves a black somewhat transparent overlay that make it impossible to see and use the controls.

Slugger415
Reel Rookie

Roku mobile app display broken and unusable after update

After a recent update to the Roku mobile app the display is “broken” and no longer usable.

7600D6F9-1D0E-4DEB-9391-06612A8D6280.png

Nothanks2

Re: Roku mobile app display broken and unusable after update

Me too, is Roku staff aware?  Is there a way to fix this?  Does Roku have IT support staff?   Have I typed 140 characters yet?

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku mobile app display broken and unusable after update

Hi @Nothanks2

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that we are aware of the issue and the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating it. As stated in my previous post above, we'll post an update in this thread once we have one. 

Thank you for your time and patience.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

UI problem, I suggest you reset the application or re-install it will work for you.

0 Kudos
Pwithing2
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku mobile app on iPad

Restarting the app in the portrait orientation does make the app display the controls properly on my iPad. However, it doesn’t display the power, volume control, or mute buttons that are on my physical remote. The app should show these if the device has these buttons.

Thx.

0 Kudos