Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JM_30
Level 7

Roku isn't connecting to my new wifi, lost remote, ordered a new one, but can't pair it

So my friend was moving away and decided to give me his Roku, however, he forgot to give me the remote. The Roku device isnt connected to my wifi, so i can't use the remote app on my phone to control it. I ordered a new remote, but it doesn't want to pair and i don't know what to do. Please help. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku isn't connecting to my new wifi, lost remote, ordered a new one, but can't pair it

Model and name of roku device? Model of roku remote? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JM_30
Level 7

Re: Roku isn't connecting to my new wifi, lost remote, ordered a new one, but can't pair it

Roku Premiere and Roku TV Voice Remote

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

If the remote is the rc-al5 it will pair with it but the tv power and volume keys will never work on your tv. If its RC-al7 then all should work once paired programmed for your tv.

Have the remote ready with battery door off, one battery in, now unplug the power from the premiere for a bit, plug it back in once it stops bouncing put the other battery in press and hold the pairing key for three seconds and release let it communicate with roku. Its alright if the light goes out just do nothing until you get a big DONE on screen. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
JM_30
Level 7

How long does it usually take, i just did it and nothing has happened. Also, im not sure if its the rc-al5 or rc-al7.

0 Kudos
JM_30
Level 7

Still isn't working, i can't find any other solution, i cant chat with support, i can't use the roku remote app on my phone bc the roku isn't on the same network, or any network for that matter. the remote is brand new, just came in the mail, but it isn't pairing with the Roku device.... i just need some type of help!

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

You say its the premiere, it certainly doesn't say that on the roku, what is the model number? 3920x? The model number for the remote is on sticker in the battery compartment. That is where the pairing button is too, was that the button you have been pressing? 

Edmund

0 Kudos