Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku is not connected to WiFi is dthere a way to connect it to WiFi without the remote

Jump to solution

I need help finding a way to connect my Roku premiere to my app. I lost the remote and the Roku is not connected to the wifi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku is not connected to WiFi is dthere a way to connect it to WiFi without the remote

Jump to solution

@Kodyb92 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If your device is not connected to the internet, then you will be unable to set up the device and connect it to the mobile app without the remote.

What Roku device model do you have? With that information we can recommend what replacement remote you would need.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Roku is not connected to WiFi is dthere a way to connect it to WiFi without the remote

Jump to solution

I dont think so.

But remotes are widely available and they dont cost much.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

To add to the above post, any universal IR remote that lists Roku as a supported device will work.  They can sometimes be found in the dollar store.  You don't need to spend money on a Roku remote.

-JT

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

ask this guy @Tivoburkee 

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Kodyb92 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If your device is not connected to the internet, then you will be unable to set up the device and connect it to the mobile app without the remote.

What Roku device model do you have? With that information we can recommend what replacement remote you would need.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos