Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StuK
Channel Surfer

Roku in setup mode and remote is locked in pairing mode

My Roku that is only 3 years old is in setup mode looking for a remote however my remote is locked up in pairing mode with rapid green light flashing. 
is this now for the garbage?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku in setup mode and remote is locked in pairing mode

Hello @StuK

We're here to help.

If you haven't tried yet, re-pair your remote by following the steps below: 

1. Remove the power cable from your Roku device, wait 5 seconds and then re-connect the power cable.
  2. Wait until your Roku device displays the home screen.
  3. Restart your remote. If your remote uses standard batteries, restart your remote by removing and reinserting the batteries. If your remote is rechargeable, press and hold the pairing button for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, stop, then flash rapidly. When this happens, release the pairing button and your remote has restarted.
  4. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds until you see the status light begin to flash. If the light does not flash, charge your remote or replace the batteries.
  5. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your Roku device. Once the Roku device is connected to the remote, the pairing dialog should appear on your TV screen.

For more troubleshooting steps, feel free to visit this Support link: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku in setup mode and remote is locked in pairing mode

@StuK 

You're going to start a new thread every single day?

Remote locked in Pair mode - Roku Community

Anyways way out of warranty period do what the rest have to do buy a new one!!

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos