Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daishus
Reel Rookie

Roku freezes when plugging headset in after update tonight

My Roku applied an update tonight and now whenever I plug the audio jack into the remote it freezes, then when I unplug it the roku reboots.  It has worked fine up to this point.

Tried different headset.  Tried doing a normal reboot. turned it off and unplugged the roku for 30 seconds while also taking the batteries out of the remote.

It is a Roku Utra now running version 11.0.0 build 4193

6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku freezes when plugging headset in after update tonight

@Daishus

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Daishus
Reel Rookie

It didnt matter where we were in a menu or channel whenever the headphone was plugged in everything froze, unplugged the headphones and it rebooted.  But for some reason all of a sudden it just started working again with no problem, nothing changed, just a day of my son watching youtube on it and a little netflix.  So it is working now.

MaxSmart
Reel Rookie

Me too. Headphones were skipping out a second every few moments, so I rebooted, and then it freezes and rebooted the next 2 times I plugged in the headphones. Then it rebooted when launching an app, after that it went back to working but still skipping out on headphone audio. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @MaxSmart

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you using the remote that came with the Roku device or are you using the Roku mobile app? What kind of headphones are you using? When did you start noticing this issue occur?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
MaxSmart
Reel Rookie

Sure!

The sound over the headphones (plugged into Roku Ultra remote) has minor skips (no sound for a small fraction of a second). Tried a menu-reboot (as we do when the speaker sound had issues, which doesn't seem to happen nowadays). After it started, every time I plugged in the headphones, it froze up and rebooted itself after a minute or so. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MaxSmart

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos