Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku express remote won't stop blinking

I have the Roku express+ and I can't get the voice remote to connect . I have multiple rokus in the household. The remote continues to blink and doesn't stop

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 20

Re: Roku express remote won't stop blinking

Try unplugging the power from the other roku's as you pair the remote to the express+. With battery door off and one battery installed, put remote aside for bit. Unplug the express+ power and plug it back in, when the roku stops bouncing put in the other battery and press the pairing key for 3 sec and release and let it communicate with roku, even if the light goes out thats okay don't touch it again until you get confirmation its paired. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 7

I’m having the same issue with my voice remote. Just bought it today because we moved and the roku device isn’t connected to the WiFi here yet. I just read a post on here where someone said that it might not be possible to connect the remote without WiFi, but the whole reason I got it was so that I COULD connect the device to WiFi. Is there really no other way?? I’d rather not have to go out and purchase an IR remote. Please help!

0 Kudos
Level 20

To use a roku at all you will need internet, all roku models except the Ultra can only receive internet via wifi. If you had Ultra that accepts an ethernet cable so you would be hardwired to the internet would the wifi voice remote still communicate with roku? Yes. So you don't need a wifi to use wifi remote, but you do need wifi to connect to the internet,sorry. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 7

So does that mean I can’t use my roku at all? 

0 Kudos
Level 20

Without internet, no. 

Edmund