Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danlong
Level 7

Roku express ir not working

Jump to solution

I have a roku express. The IR remote quit working. I purchased a new IR remote and it still will not work. The only way to use the device is through the app. 3 IR remotes and nothing works IR

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Danlong
Level 7

Re: Roku express ir not working

Jump to solution

Solved..... All that I tried was a Ir remote. I used to use the usb power to power the express. I plugged the usb to outlet and all is working fine. USB power worked for months and all of the sudden no Ir reception. Weird. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Any of these IR remotes have a tv power key and volume keys? That would mean they're either Roku tv IR remote or Wifi Roku remotes, which won't work on a express at all the roku tv remote, or needs to be paired. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Danlong
Level 7

Jump to solution

Solved..... All that I tried was a Ir remote. I used to use the usb power to power the express. I plugged the usb to outlet and all is working fine. USB power worked for months and all of the sudden no Ir reception. Weird.