Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku express has no volume control?

Ok, so I bought a Roku express which does not have volume control on the remote, which I did not understand at the point of purchase. My question is: can I purchase just a remote separately that will be able to do this without purchasing the entire box of equipment? Side note: seems a little silly to not include this feature for what looks to be about $10.00 in savings, IMO.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku express has no volume control?

If the express isn't 3700 model, yes. 3900 & 3930 express can be paired to separately sold wifi voice remote. If you want it quick, you can purchase them at walmart $19.88, and best buy $29.99.

From roku its the first listed here:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It’s just stupid to not have a volume control on the remote. In this day and age that should be a standard thing. I assumed when I bought my Roku that it had it, SURPRISE! NOT! Blew my mind. Word of advice, check for volume control before you buy. WOW

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

There is a remote, not sold separately but it should, that will control the volume of tv's with hdmi-cec feature, its the Onn Roku Smart Soundbar IR remote. It will control roku that accept IR commands, even roku ten years old. It has tv power and volume keys, but whats preset to these are roku commands, so when the roku sees them it with initiate a hdmi-cec pulse to control the tv its connect with over the hdmi cable. I have tested this on 3700 express and a very old Roku 2 HD, both send hdmi-cec commands after they see the Roku tv commands. I really think the Roku simple IR remote should be upgraded with these Roku tv keys. There is no programming needed, you don't have to set the tv brand. Reason no matter what tv brand they all respond to the same commands coming over the hdmi cable. 

Edmund