Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku enhanced voice remote compatability

Jump to solution
Have a Roku 3 and was looking to upgrade the remote. Will the Roku enhanced voice remote with the headphone jacks power buttons for tv and gaming buttons work with the Roku 3. I purchased the Roku Ultra 2018 thinking I would be able to play Angry birds on an upgraded Roku only to find out it is not available anymore so may just upgrade the remote.
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku enhanced gaming remote tv volume?

Jump to solution

No, the gaming remote will not control  tv power and volume, if you don't need a headphone jack on the remote get the rc-al7 remote:

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-Voice-Remote-Official-Players/dp/B07WVFCKSS/ref=pd_ybh_a_9?_encoding=UTF...

Compatible roku:

https://support.roku.com/article/360010940514

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I beg you pardon but the Roku standard IR remote and gaming remote are the only two remotes shown on that page which work with Roku 3.

There is no mention of this newer remote (RC-AL7) and its compatibility.  Put complete  model numbers and features as they apply along with all Roku devices supported.   Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku enhanced voice remote compatability

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

The Roku enhanced voice remote will not be compatible with your Roku 3. The Roku Gaming Remote and Standard IR Remote are the only remotes that would be compatible with your device. For the available remotes and each device compatibility, visit our Support page here: Player Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I also have a ROKU 3 model. Will the gaming remote control the tv volume and ON/OFF?  it does not say in description. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

No, the gaming remote will not control  tv power and volume, if you don't need a headphone jack on the remote get the rc-al7 remote:

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-Voice-Remote-Official-Players/dp/B07WVFCKSS/ref=pd_ybh_a_9?_encoding=UTF...

Compatible roku:

https://support.roku.com/article/360010940514

Edmund

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Tivoburkee - Thanks so much for this information!   And if this is monitored by ROKU tech, you need to provide all the specifications in your ACCESSORY link as to which devices work with which remotes! Its sketchy and incomplete!

Im on my way to Walmart!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@cenby13 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Remotes on our Accessory Support page state which devices the remotes will work with, as well as if they have TV power and volume buttons and even voice control.

For more information about our accessories, visit our Support page here: Player Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I beg you pardon but the Roku standard IR remote and gaming remote are the only two remotes shown on that page which work with Roku 3.

There is no mention of this newer remote (RC-AL7) and its compatibility.  Put complete  model numbers and features as they apply along with all Roku devices supported.   Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Will the Enhanced voice remote be compatible with my Insignia Roku TV 8401x, model NS-24DR220NA18? I want to be able to listen through headphones and the Private listening through the mobile app is unstable. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Under what roku are compatible with the Enhanced Voice remote it has these Roku tv's listed:

Roku TV (model series 6000X, 7000X, C000X, 8000X, A000X)

Yours being a 8401x looks like it will work. I can tell you my 2017 Insignia doesn't work. 

Edmund
0 Kudos