Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bspingar
Level 7

Roku enhanced remote won't control TV power and volume anymore

My Roku advanced remote was controlling the volume and power to my Samsung TV just fine until last night. Then it mysteriously stopped controlling the TV. There are no other devices connected to the TV. I've tried new batteries, repairing (following all the instructions multiple times), setting up from the beginning and nothing. Need help fixing this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku enhanced remote won't control TV power and volume anymore

@bspingar 

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-TV brand and model number
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to look into further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bspingar
Level 7

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model: 3810 RW Streaming Stick +
-TV brand and model number: Samsung UN40MU6290
-serial number: Roku S/N: YHOOAN970163
-device ID: 22303A970163
-software OS/version: 9.4.0.Build 4190-50.

The issue has not resolved. When the issue began, I was watching NatGeo Wild on the Spectrum App. Now NatGeo wild on the Spectrum App won't load (blank screen). I'm only having trouble with that channel on that stick. I've reloaded the app and still no luck. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@bspingar 

Thanks for the information.

For clarification, when you state that you have repaired the remote, are you referring to pairing the remote to your Roku device or pairing the remote to the Samsung TV?

Are you are able to control the TV power and volume on every other channel except NatGeo Wild? If so, we will need the channel name and version number to investigate further. (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
fran52
Level 7

I removed all remotes   Then I used an OLD gaming remote  When it asked if the TV sound turned off, I selected "NO"    Then control started working   Added back the Voice Remote and it is working

Good luck with yours                              (Ultra 4600)

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

I'm glad it worked for you, but true gaming remote would get a message that that remote isn't compatible. Reason is it doesn't have IR on board, it controls the tv by hdmi-cec. The menu is for programming the IR brand of tv and to pick the right code. With cec there is only one set of commands for all brands of tv. 

Edmund
0 Kudos