Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charlyma
Level 8

Roku control RC-EL1 Doesn’t work and pair

Hello, community! 

I had a Roku Express+ 4k with an Enhanced remote control Model RC608 (RC-EL1) but it doesn't work. I try to restart multiple times my Roku and remove the batteries from my control but the pair led don't turn on. 

I tried 3 different pairs of batteries and had the same problems. 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Roku control RC-EL1 Doesn’t work and pair

https://support.roku.com/article/360011621473

Did the remote ever successfully pair with the 4K+?

Does the green LED light up/flash when you push the pairing button (located in the battery compartment) for several seconds?

If the answer to both of those is no, then you may have a bad remote - return it for refund/exchange from the place of purchase

0 Kudos
Charlyma
Level 8

Hello, thanks for your reply. 

Yes, the control works with the Roku for about 3 months. I used it in 2 Roku, the 4k, and another express.

The green LED light doesn't do anything. I press the button for about 30 sec and nothing happens. That's why I considered it not a bad remote o I don´t know what happened. 

I bought it from Amazon, but the return window was over 1 month ago and my control fail yesterday. And support team only suggest buy another one. They didn´t try to repair or replace. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Roku has a 1 year warranty - I suggest you take advantage of it.

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

Otherwise, you can buy an official replacement remote (RCAL7R) for $20 at Walmart/Best Buy/Amazon/Roku.com/etc

You can also get unofficial IR-only (they dont pair) universal/replacement remotes for $5-15 - these dont work with any stick model.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Charlyma

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on ur Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Charlyma
Level 8

Hello @RokuDanny-R 

Thanks for your reply. and sorry for my delay.

Sure, my device is Roku Express 4k+ Model is 3941x, and I don't know if you refer to the FCC ID but here it is TC2-R1040. 

If you need something else please let me know. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Charlyma, he wants the serial number/device ID of the Express 4k+.  It should be written on it somewhere.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Charlyma

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
manmulcahey237
Level 7

I am having the same exact issue and have been through 3 replcement remotes through Roku Support (2 that they sent me, and an entire new Roku Streaming Stick +, and not even that new unit as a whole worked on any of the tvs in my house (1 samsung smart tv, 1 samsung tv that has the capibility to connect to the internet, but isn't "smart", if that gives anyone a sense of the era of tv that it is - but don't think this is the issue anyway). Initial remote worked fine for 2-3 months like OPs and then just stopped working one day 5 months and many-emails-with-support-ago 

On all 3 RC-EL1 remotes that I have, the pairing light does not respond to any type of combination of buttons, or pressing the pairing button for 30,60,90 seconds. This has been the most frustrating purchase of my life to be quite honest - I used my phone /the roku app which is annoying enough as it is..and when I got a new router, the roku was booted from the network rendering it useless because i have nothing to control it with . It's getting me riled up just typing this how much time and effort has been put into this thing. 

Was this ever solved for anyone having a similar issue?

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@manmulcahey237

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, were you experiencing an issue pairing your remote to your Roku devices when you were using your old router?

If you've switching your router, you'll most likely will need to re-pair your remote with your wireless network.

For more information about pairing your remote to your device, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® voice remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos