Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ggronnell
Level 7

Roku Won't Pair

I have a roku streaming stick+ and been using it for less than half a year with no issues untill now. I recently got a new tv (not a smart tv) and plugged roku in it, started to try to use it, nothing. I tried to pair it and now the green light just tries to pair continuously I tried to remove the batteries and unplug the roku and still does the same thing I replaced the batteries and tried everything I can think of and every thing I can find on the web about this issue nothing is working It worked fine on my old tv

Somehow it also got disconnected from the internet so I can't use the app

EDIT: It was also was not connected for two weeks or so until I got a new tv

Not sure if that was relevant or not

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: Roku Won't Pair

@Ggronnell wrote:

I have a roku streaming stick+ and been using it for less than half a year with no issues untill now. I recently got a new tv (not a smart tv) and plugged roku in it, started to try to use it, nothing. I tried to pair it ...

We're gonna stop right here. Let's get some clarification on this. You said "nothing" but then you said you tried to pair it to the remote. I'm thinking "nothing" doesn't mean nothing, but rather something happened but not what you expected. We need to be real clear on just what you encountered, as that could point to the correct solution.

@Ggronnell wrote:

I tried to pair it and now the green light just tries to pair continuously I tried to remove the batteries and unplug the roku and still does the same thing I replaced the batteries and tried everything I can think of and every thing I can find on the web about this issue nothing is working It worked fine on my old tv

Somehow it also got disconnected from the internet so I can't use the app

EDIT: It was also was not connected for two weeks or so until I got a new tv

Not sure if that was relevant or not

If you did a factory reset on the device, or if you changed your network SSID or password, it won't connect, and like you said, the app isn't available. Having the device out of service for a couple of weeks shouldn't matter, if that's all that was done.

Let's get clarification on what is showing on the screen. If you truly mean nothing is showing on the screen, check to ensure your TV is on the correct HDMI input for the Roku device.

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Ggronnell
Level 7

Sorry, I was typing fast and was getting ahead of myself

The roku turned on and got to the home page, I tried to use the remote and it did not do anything

So I tried to pair it now it is blinking for awhile and stops I press a button on the remote and it starts blinking again

It has been hours since I posted last and is still doing it

And no I did not change my password or change any thing with my internet

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 16

Just to verify what we're doing, even if we've done this before, unplug the Stick (power) and take the batteries out of the remote.

Then, return power to the Stick and place the batteries in the remote.

If your Roku isn't paired to any remote, it will try to find one. If your remote isn't paired to a Roku device, it will try to find one. You won't need to press any buttons, just add power.

If, after a couple of minutes, nothing happens, press the button on the remote.

If nothing happens, report back.

DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
0 Kudos
Ggronnell
Level 7

Just tried it 

Still same thing

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 16

If it's not pairing, you'll probably need help from @RokuDanny-R or @RokuMary-F to resolve. Keep in mind they may ask you to repeat many of the things you've already done. Do it, if they ask. You never know, some little thing may be different enough to suddenly work. So follow their instructions. If things don't work still, they'll be able to escalate and get a resolution.

DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Ggronnell

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve issues with my Roku® voice remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to a pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos