Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkcham85

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro wont hold charge

Hi

I am having the same problem with my Roku Voice Remote Pro.  Please help me get a replacement since the rechargeable batteries must be defective

Brian

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bkcham85,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.
If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
maury32

Same issue, remote will not charge just stays blinking. Purchased 8/19/21 and this is the first time I have had to charge it and nothing happens. I purchased this remote because the one that came with the sound bar would drain batteries in less than a week!

Serial: YL001D183302 

FIRMWARE rtn.4158

Model RC541
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @maury32

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
madodel
Reel Rookie

I've been dealing with charge issues with my Roku Voice Remote Pro that I purchased off of the Roku website in May 2021, for a few months now, but now it not only stops working after less than a day, even with hands-free voice turned off, it has an annoying flashing "Remote Battery level 100%" message on the TV screen when I plug it in to charge it. When I unplug it it says it's at 100%, which is crazy since it wasn't working which is why I plug it in.

Order Number

103376677 >

Order Date

May 10, 2021

Items 1

Roku® Voice Remote Pro

Model RCS41

Firmware rtn.4158

Roku Model: 3941X - Roku Express 4K+

Serial number X01600SM2HPX

Software version 10.5.0- build 4208-CR

0 Kudos
Patrick225
Channel Surfer

Try contacting Roku support with description of your problem. I think there were some hardware issues with some of the Voice Remote Pros. They will ask for your hardware info. I think they will help you.

0 Kudos
madodel
Reel Rookie

@Patrick225 wrote:

Try contacting Roku support with description of your problem. I think there were some hardware issues with some of the Voice Remote Pros. They will ask for your hardware info. I think they will help you.

Thanks. I reported it via email. I've had ongoing charge problems all along but could live with them because they were sporadic. But I agree it is time to ask for support.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @madodel

We do apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

It looks like you were in recent contact with our Support team. We would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thank you for your patience and undestanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
alaw
Reel Rookie

We're having a very similar issue. Bought a Roku Voice Remote Pro in May 2021 and - starting a couple months ago - it seemed to no longer hold a charge. When it's not directly plugged into charging cord, remote won't work at all. When we plug it in, it immediately says "100% charged", but won't work unless we keep it plugged in.  But after a while the upper right screen of TV starts flashing '100% charged' over and over, until its so distracting we unplug it - only to have to start again next time we turn on Roku.

Seems like a rechargeable remote should last longer than a year. Our remote says model RC-MC1.  Wonder if this is a defective remote model?  Or are these just built to last a year? 

0 Kudos
Patrick225
Channel Surfer

It seems there were some hardware issues with some of the Voice Remote Pros that caused some of the issues you describe. If you contact Roku Support with your device info I think they will help you. Most likely they'll replace it for you.   Thanks