Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dakata24
Reel Rookie

Roku Voice Remote Pro - TV Control Setup (Brands - No search results)

I just recently purchased a Roku Voice Remote Pro (Model RC795) to replace my Enhanced Voice Remote (Model RC411) for my Roku Ultra (Model 4670X) that's connected to a Samsung 75" Q8BA QLED TV (Anynet+ HDMI-CEC enabled). On the original remote (RC411), I am able to setup tv controls for both power and volume. When configuring tv controls, I can search TV brands which populates as i type Samsung, LG, or any other brand.

However, when attempting to configure my new remote (RC795), when searching TV brands, no search results populate no matter what i type. Has anyone come across this issue and able to resolve it? Does Roku need to provide a software update to add the TV brands on the compatibilty list for the Roku Voice Remote Pro?

I purchased this remote for the recharging convienence but if the TV controls feature doesn't even work, I'll have to return it since it's not fully functional.

Appreciate any help.

5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro - TV Control Setup (Brands - No search results)

Some people with the search failure you describe when trying to look up TV brands, have reported success by temporarily connecting their Roku to an alternate network, such as the wifi hotspot on a cell phone, and repeating their attempt to tie the remote to the tv.  If successful, you can return the Roku to its normal network afterward.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@dakata24  I own the voice remote pro. 3 of them if them actually. One for each Roku TV. They paired in seconds. Maybe it’s different in your case. Did you follow these instructions?

https://support.roku.com/article/1500000696321

0 Kudos
herc69

Re: tv brand not supported by remote (power and volume buttons)

NO brands are found

dakata24
Reel Rookie

Okay. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a try.

0 Kudos
apwelsh
Channel Surfer

Re: tv brand not supported by remote (power and volume buttons)

I have the same issue.  I thought maybe it was because WiFi signal is weak (iPhone won’t connect in this spot) but then I proceeded to stream 1080p video from Netflix, roku TV app, and others.  All my channels installed correctly too.

I will try the WiFi hotspot trick and see if that works. 

0 Kudos