Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mbander

Roku Voice Remote Pro Stopped Working

A few months ago, I bought a Roku Voice Remote Pro from the Roku Channel/ Yesterday, for no apparent reason, it all but stopped working. 

I can turn it on and I can raise and lower the volume, but I cannot do any of the other things it used to do, including but not limited to moving from one channel to the other on the Home page, pause, use speak buttons and using the arrow button.

It's a USB remote and has a 77% charge.

I do not want to spend another $30 on a remote that's going to last just a few months, which is probably a good thing because the button on the Roku sends me to Amazon where it is selling for $69.

What are my other options?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro Stopped Working

It may have become unpaired.  Unplug the power from your Roku device, press and hold the pairing button on the back until the light starts flashing, then plug the power back in to your Roku device.  Hopefully it will pair once it restarts.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Heimdall69

I’m so tired of everybody saying to take the batteries out, the batteries are internal and can’t be changed out it’s a rechargeable remote, I’m sure  you have the same issue. I wish people would quit giving the same answer that is used for A remote with removable batteries. On the back of the rechargeable USB voice pro remote, you will see a black button just above it there’s a pinhole with tiny green light that will eventually flash, but you have to hold it a lot longer than five seconds. I held it for like 20 seconds and it came on so then I plugged in the Roku and went to the set up options and search for a new remote, and then I held the button until the green light continually flashed (less than five seconds now ) and then let go of the button and it found it. I don’t know why it became unpaired, but I did have it fully charged but Roku said it was only 86% charged. It works now

Mark-Paul

I had the exact same problem with the remote suddenly not working after over a year of no problems and the exact same issue and the exact same frustration of people telling me to take out the batteries on a rechargeable remote with no removal batteries. Your solution of holding the pairing button for a good 20+ seconds did solve the problem. Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Audiophobe

I agree.

So annoying to recommend removing batteries on a rechargeable remote.

For me, pressing and holding the reset did not work and when I plugged in the charger the green light did not come on. 

So, I plugged in the charger THEN held the reset button for 20 seconds and that did it!

0 Kudos