Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku UltraLT remote stuck on firmware update

I have a 4662R Roku Ultra LT, about six months old.  It is running software version 9.3.0, build 4170-46.  It recognizes the remote, but the only button that works on the remote is the home button.  Every time i reboot the Roku after unplugging it, then putting the batteries back in the remote, the Roku shows the batteries are 100% (tried multiple sets), and a pop up on the screen says updating the firmware on your remote...  it does this a while, that pop up goes away, and only the home button on the remote works.  Every time I pull a battery and put it back in, it does the same thing.  Tried the pairing button, every trouble shooter i could find on this forum, searched for same issue on this forum, but nothing.  Is this just a issue that can’t be resolved other than a warranty repair/replace?

Thank you in advance

No idea why the upload tool flipped the imageNo idea why the upload tool flipped the image

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku UltraLT remote stuck on firmware update

If helpful, remote model is RC419 and firmware is 2.01.19.108.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Cowatson 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R 

I am having a similar problem with my Roku Streaming Stick 3800R.  I don't see a resolution posted, has the problem been fixed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Gischihan 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My remote has exactly the same issue. I tried the same steps of replacing batteries. Letting it complete but no use. I cannot use any other Roku remote till I remove the batteries from this faulty remote. It was working fine all these years but problem started only in the last few weeks back. 
Thanks

Harish. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No fix I believe, required a new remote

0 Kudos