Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cowatson
Level 7

Roku UltraLT remote stuck on firmware update

I have a 4662R Roku Ultra LT, about six months old.  It is running software version 9.3.0, build 4170-46.  It recognizes the remote, but the only button that works on the remote is the home button.  Every time i reboot the Roku after unplugging it, then putting the batteries back in the remote, the Roku shows the batteries are 100% (tried multiple sets), and a pop up on the screen says updating the firmware on your remote...  it does this a while, that pop up goes away, and only the home button on the remote works.  Every time I pull a battery and put it back in, it does the same thing.  Tried the pairing button, every trouble shooter i could find on this forum, searched for same issue on this forum, but nothing.  Is this just a issue that can’t be resolved other than a warranty repair/replace?

Thank you in advance

No idea why the upload tool flipped the image
No idea why the upload tool flipped the image

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
Cowatson
Level 7

Re: Roku UltraLT remote stuck on firmware update

If helpful, remote model is RC419 and firmware is 2.01.19.108.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Cowatson 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gischihan
Level 8

@RokuDanny-R 

I am having a similar problem with my Roku Streaming Stick 3800R.  I don't see a resolution posted, has the problem been fixed?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Gischihan 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Romihari
Level 7

My remote has exactly the same issue. I tried the same steps of replacing batteries. Letting it complete but no use. I cannot use any other Roku remote till I remove the batteries from this faulty remote. It was working fine all these years but problem started only in the last few weeks back. 
Thanks

Harish. 

0 Kudos
Cowatson
Level 7

No fix I believe, required a new remote

0 Kudos
g4nguly
Level 7

Is there a fix for this issue?  It seems like a lot of users (myself included) are reporting the same symptoms over the past few weeks.  

Gischihan
Level 8

@g4nguly 

Roku doesn't have a fix to this problem.  Contact Ruku Support and open a ticket.  Tell them the serial number of your Roku device. Give them a detailed explanation of the problem, including what you see on the screen, what lights on the remote do (there may be a light under the battery compartment lid), etc. They will ask you to jump through all the troubleshooting hoops, so if you have done those steps already, you need to specifically tell them the things you tried (re-pairing, changing batteries, etc.).  Ultimately, they will need to send you a new remote.  I was told on 7/3 that they would send me a new remote.  Still hasn't arrived (morning of 7/10), so have to be patient.  Fortunately, I have 2 Roku sticks, so I am using the older one (which is slower).

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@Gischihan 

If your stick is 3600 you can pair its remote to your ultra lt for the time being. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos