Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAGO
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Ultra suddenly turns on and Remote Finder starts beeping

I reported the initial problem.  Moving the box solved it. In my case I believe my Sonos device, which was located next to the Roku, was somehow triggering the find remote function.

Never did hear from Roku.  Seems to me they should implement a shut off feature in settings to solve this problem.

jaavenor
Binge Watcher

I'll be watching cable TV and occasionally (but more frequently) the Roku Ultra remote will commence beeping - and knock me off the cable program I'm watching, displaying a message on the TV screen to push any button on the Roku remote.  Doing so puts me in a random Roku app.  I've not had this problem previously and I did not have the problem with a Roku I had prior to the Ultra.  My TV is a theater setup where I simply replaced the DVD player with the Roku Ultra.  It therefore feeds into the sound system.  I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it and why this is happening now after many months of no problems. 

0 Kudos
Kparadine
Channel Surfer

I gave up on getting a response or fix.

My theory is that this is related to some form of home automation protocol, as I have both Z-wave and Zigbee devices buzzing around the Roku in question.  Just a guess, though.

0 Kudos
Bradw011
Reel Rookie

Do you have the Roku hard-wired into the network? 

outside of a potential software glitch, that’s really the only thing I can think of as to why I was having the issues. I replaced a Roku 3 with the Roku ultra, both were hard-wired, but the 3 was using a replacement remote, which was IR-only. The ultra, though, has a WiFi remote...could it be a latency issue between the hard-wired ultra and the WiFi remote? I have no idea, but that’s the uneducated guess I’m making. 

to be fair, it’s been about a week or two since this issue has come up again. In my annoyance, I removed one of the batteries and left the remote sit dormant for a few hours, and since then I haven’t had the issue. 

0 Kudos
R-6
Reel Rookie

Thanks Danny, 

Looks like quite a bit of interest in this topic.  Have the right technicians made any progress on solving the problem.  Having invested in the ROKU Ultra as an upgrade, I remain disappointed in its performance simply because of this issue.  Can ROKU replicate the malfunction and work on it? 

Thanks, 

R-6

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

If you are still experiencing an issue and cannot resolve it, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TL7
Channel Surfer

As of right now,  this has not occurred for us since January. We moved the DVD and DVR away from the Roku and I think that helped.  I still think Roku should make Find My Remote a feature that can be turned off by the user.

0 Kudos
Brs1980
Reel Rookie

Same issue, just started today and I'm on wifi. I couldn't find an option to PM @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
jaavenor
Binge Watcher

I'm beginning to believe there is some interference with my Spectrum cable box and the Roku.  When the cable box is off I don't experience the Roku find my remote issue.  Problem is I have to remove the batteries form my Roku remote when watching cable.  Perplexed why this problem has not occurred until recently - unless it might have something to do with Spectrum cable box updates.

0 Kudos
RAGO
Binge Watcher

I no longer have the problem.  I’m convinced my Sonos box located near the Roku was setting it off.  I do believe it is a wireless signal that causes the issue to trigger the find remote.  Roku really should implement the ability to shut off that feature.

I would try relocating the Roku or cable box.

0 Kudos