Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pjd813
Level 7

Roku Ultra remote unreasonable battery drain

I have had my Ultra installed for about three months. I am on my third set of batteries. I see others complain about this. I also see that the only vaguely reasonable explanation I have seen is that while the Ultra is in sleep mode the remote is still communicating with the Ultra. By “reasonable” I mean “likely”. This is nonsense. When the first set died flat dead while I was using it I just figured that the batteries that shipped with the unit were old. The last two battery sets that died were fresh. They die very unceremoniously, often while I am using it. No warning of any kind. I have had the unit long enough that I can’t return it or swap it out. Therefore, unless there is some new information about what it could be this is just an attempt to keep this issue alive and make Roku see that this is really unacceptable product behavior.  I don’t use the headphone feature. If they are trying to keep the price of the unit down by not making the unit rechargeable a la Harmony that is silly when you consider that this device is for someone sophisticated enough to use an Ethernet connection. I would pay a minimal amount more for the rechargeable capability.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku Ultra remote unreasonable battery drain

Hi there! 

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into with your remote. 

Please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll have a member of our Support team in touch with you directly to help provide further options to help get this resolved. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos