Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidB2
Level 7

Roku Ultra remote response not always correct

This is a bit complicated as the problems are very intermittent and not consistent.  But....most of the time, the remote/device does what it is supposed to.  But there have been times when I would press the Pause Button and Voice Search would launch.  I have to keep silent and wait for it to time out and then proceed.  Other times, I press a button and the Roku launches HULU (not a subscriber) and then turns the TV off.  Roku support sent a replacement remote but the problem persists.  And there are other examples that I cannot think of right now but these hiccups are very random and very infrequent.  Still, it can be very annoying.  Roku support suggested I use my Android to control the device and I have done that and not had any issues but that is not a long-term solution.  Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?  Is this something that is just there and Roku doesn't know how to fix it?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: Roku Ultra remote response not always correct

Since the roku remote doesn't have stand alone Pause key, its doubled up with the play key, are sure you not hitting the microphone labelled key which is the voice search key? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
DavidB2
Level 7

After it happened the first time, I always make sure I do not "accidentally" hit the Voice Search Key.  But even if that was the issue, it doesn't explain the other odd behaviours. 

0 Kudos
DavidB2
Level 7

This is a follow-up.  Tonight, I hit the Mute button and the Roku went into fast-forward.  This has occurred before.  So again, is anyone else experiencing intermittent odd behavior?

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Dirty remotes can cause all kinds of strange problems.

0 Kudos
DavidB2
Level 7

I keep my remotes clean, free of any contaminants and food debris.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
DavidB2
Level 7

I should probably start keeping a log of these issues.  Just now, I pressed the MUTE button and on of the onscreen menus for the TV popped up. I had to grab the remote for the TV to shut of the menu. 

Forum members, I am not imagining this, I am definitely NOT pressing the wrong buttons, in fact, there isn't even a button on the ROKU remote to manage the menus on the TV. Yet there it was.

For the responder that suggested my remote was dirty, I thank you for your input but the remote just did a function it's not even supposed to have.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@DavidB2 

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DavidB2
Level 7

It has been 2 weeks since you requested information from me concerning the issues I'm experiencing.  What is the status of your help?

0 Kudos