Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sonic5701
Level 7

Roku Ultra remote no longer controls TV power and volume

Ultra received a system update November 2020 and the remote no longer controls Panasonic TV power and volume. Had been working perfect for years. Performed all troubleshooting tips/actions with no success. When will a system update be available to fix this issue? Are other solutions available?

7 Replies
Benster
Level 8

Re: Roku Ultra remote no longer controls TV power and volume

SAME problem.  Worked for months and now it no longer works.  System was updated mid November, 2020.  Have tried all of the steps many times to no avail.  Frustrating!!!

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Sonic5701 @Benster 

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?

If you are still unable to pair your remote to your TV, perhaps @Tivoburkee can provide further insight as he is our resident remote control expert.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

If the panasonic codes aren't working tell it you have Quasar tv? You might have to tell it no a few times before it gives the option to try again and allows you to switch brands. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
iWoodsman
Level 7

@Tivoburkee, I tried all 50 Sanyo codes for my model DP42410 TV hoping to restore the power and volume functions, no luck. Can you recommend another manufacturer's codes that might work for this Sanyo?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Sanyo is own by Panasonic, so give both Panasonic and Quaser brands a try? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
iWoodsman
Level 7

@Tivoburkee wrote:

Sanyo is own by Panasonic, so give both Panasonic and Quaser brands a try? 

Well, your suggestion helped me realize the problem was me. My receiver had the HDMI control channel turned on, so the TV was receiving IR signals from the Roku remote and immediately passing them through the HDMI cable to the receiver, which ignored the Mute and Power commands. While testing Panasonic codes, I noticed the TV displaying a MUTED banner while I still heard sound, realized what was happening, disabled HDMI control in the receiver and the TV began responding to IR signals. Then I found that a Sanyo code would have worked all along. I am very grateful for the tip!

Midgley
Level 7

My remote on my old sharp tv just quit working only had one code option. I went to Hisense brand tried all the codes for that didn’t work then. I went to Panasonic brand and I got it working again...

0 Kudos