Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra remote draining battery in 2 days

Jump to solution

@PMT2 wrote:

How do I Private Message you as you've requested ?

Click his user name, which opens his profile page. On that page there is a button to send a PM. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
PMT2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The only thing that opens when I click on his name is an empty rectangular box that does nothing  What now ???

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@PMT2 wrote:

The only thing that opens when I click on his name is an empty rectangular box that does nothing  What now ???

Humm, I wonder if you have some sort of blocker on your web browser. You might try a different browser. You can also click the envelope icon at the top of the page, which opens your personal message center. In there is a button to send a message, but you'll have to enter his name manually. Roku just instituted a restriction on new users to send a PM. Here's the message they put out:

Hi everyone,

As of recently, we have noticed a high amount of spam reporting through private message (PM) in the Community. To combat this behavior, we have implemented two changes effective immediately:

1. New users to the Community will be unable to readily send PMs after they've created their Community account.
  2. A captcha authentication will be required when sending another Community user a PM.
We understand that these changes may impact your interactions in the Community, but please be aware that our customer experience is our highest priority.

Thanks,
Danny
Dan

0 Kudos
faufiero
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

was wondering solution the draining of batterys is. I have tried all solutions.

0 Kudos
BHaubert
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R are you able to help me also with the same problem? I have a premiere and the battery is draining every 2-3 days. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
faufiero
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

hi serial number X01000A9Y905 [personal information removed] remote needs new batterys every other day. nothing is holding buttons down. headset seems to be a problem.not the batterys. remote broken?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@faufiero wrote:

hi serial number X01000A9Y905 [personal info removed] remote needs new batterys every other day. nothing is holding buttons down. headset seems to be a problem.not the batterys. remote broken?

Please edit your post and remove your email address. Never post your personal information in a public forum, not here or anywhere else. Click the 3 vertical buttons to the right of your post and select Edit Reply. 

Send that information to @RokuDanny-R in a private message, not here in the forum.

Dan

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@faufiero 

Thanks for the information.

For future reference, when providing personal information, please send that information in a private message (PM) as we highly do not recommend posting personal information in a public place.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jopmpd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

my roku is also draining my duracell batteries,, always dead when i come to use it once a week,, can't figure it out,, Danny can yu help ?

0 Kudos