Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra remote draining battery in 2 days

Jump to solution

@neuronweb

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
portlock
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

On December 28, 2020, I wrote:

This is your solution to what appears to be a universal problem? "PM me"?

I have 2 streaming sticks as well. Have been using Roku for a couple years, first time I've had these. They are also eating batteries. I see a class-action suit looming. Make the solution public.

I subsequently PM'd Danny. I provided the information for both remotes that were eating batteries. I finally received 1 replacement remote on February 1, 2021. In that time I burned through 2 more sets of batteries. I have yet to receive the other replacement. I have gone through 3 sets of batteries on that particular original remote in the meantime.

Fast-forward to Feb 8. The new remote I put in service in Feb 1 has already drained 1 set of batteries.

THIS IS LUDICROUS! The standard remote I've been using for more than 2 years on another set only needs new batteries once every 8-12 months. I am not using headsets on the 2 that are burning up batteries. We all know the issue won't be solved with replacement remotes if it's a design flaw. What are you people going to do about this? Are there any class-action lawyers monitoring this board?

PS, you closed my last ticket because I hadn't responded to you in several days. Why would I respond when I'm still waiting on the 2nd replacement remote? Y'all don't seem to care a lick about your customers.

0 Kudos
tbird635
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Mine was killing the batteries in under a week also.  I checked the status in the menu

Settings>Remotes and Devices>Remotes>Voice Remote>About

The "about remote"  menu shows the battery level and the remote's firmware version, and at the time my RC399 remote's firmware was on version rtn.4080  . 

I contacted support on Jan28, 2021 , explained my situation in detail. Batteries would last less than a week before. 

Now my remote's firmware version is now  rtn.4086 (they must have updated it?)  and battery level is at 62% after 2 weeks .  My battery drain issue is much better.  Still not great but a huge improvement that I can live with. 

0 Kudos
neuronweb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the last post......it helped enlightened me.....there must have been an system update that caused this problem...in my opinion.......I used the information and my software version is 9.4.0 build 4200-46.....there is no date on when it was updated last.  I do not need an update according to the display.....I think I readded my remote again and maybe it will be better......not sure....put new batteries in it as of today and will let you know when they are dead again. I only once used my remote with a headset and that was a year ago.  It has always been my experience that the more features and the more fancier you get with technology the more problems you have.

0 Kudos
idanny76

Jump to solution

Here is a video if you want to update the remote firmware yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpXA5orHJXQ

User2022

Jump to solution

hey Danny,  could you please help me with this issue?  our roku ultra remote is draining batteries within 15 minutes of using the headphones.  can you send me a replacement remote that works?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@User2022

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that using the Private Listening feature on your remote will use significantly more power.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
llogan94

Re: Remote Battery dies fast

Jump to solution

i can't find serial number on the remote- no longer have box.

i do not see the serial number on about only MAC address AC:AE:19:8ESmiley Very HappyA:03

This is the second remote i purchased in less than 12 months. This one was purchased 12.23.20 through Amazon. order number 114-5405-202-242-1010

Can you please help!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote Battery dies fast

Jump to solution

@llogan94

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with your serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About or the serial number/device ID physically on the device? Can you provide a screenshot of the About page?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KrisN
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. I'm inclined to think this is a firmware problem that Roku needs to resolve. Although I'm still a student, I'll be graduating in December and taking the bar exam in February. I'm tired of manufacturers putting out failty, cheaply made products and telling consumers to buy new batteries or spend smooth $100 on a new product, which will ultimately fail in the same way. 

0 Kudos