Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra remote draining battery in 2 days

Jump to solution

I purchased 2 roku ultras one works great.   The other one has a remote that  eats batteries about once every 2-3 days.   I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or the remote is just broke.   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku Ultra remote draining battery in 2 days

Jump to solution

If you have something plugged into the headset jack on the remote, this turns on an audio amplifier in the remote. If you leave them plugged in at all times, the audio amp will drain the batteries in a couple of days. Always unplug earphones from the remote when not using them. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

28 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Are you using Funky battery's?

Otherwise if its recent enough to return or exchange it............

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@nickb1979 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

How do I PM you?? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Click on his name view profile Private Message on right.

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is also happening to me. Did you get an answer? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

If you have something plugged into the headset jack on the remote, this turns on an audio amplifier in the remote. If you leave them plugged in at all times, the audio amp will drain the batteries in a couple of days. Always unplug earphones from the remote when not using them. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Nope never have had anything plugged into the remote.  I am taking the batteries out after every use now.   It is kind of annoying

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@nickb1979 wrote:

Nope never have had anything plugged into the remote.  I am taking the batteries out after every use now.   It is kind of annoying

I just checked the battery level in my Ultra 4640. I last changed them months ago, and they now show 69%. Now this Roku isn't used on a daily basis, but it is a WiFi Direct remote, so it is talking with the device regularly, although I don't know what sort of sleep it might enter when undisturbed. If yours are draining in days, then the remote is likely defective and you should contact one of the Roku forum admins directly via PM. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

@nickb1979

does it feel warm in any way? After not being used?

0 Kudos