Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Roku Ultra remote doing double click?

Jump to solution

Roku replaced my remote and that solved the issue for me.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine does this constantly. Theres nothing to reflect. Its a brand new tv with roku built in and no other receivers in the room. Might see if a new remote will work. 

0 Kudos
Level 20

Jump to solution

If the original remote is IR and that's what giving the trouble, try getting wifi voice remote instead. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

@ rccryan -

Wow...I was wondering why my new Roku Express remote had suddenly stopped working...

A few days ago, I had turned my router vertical instead of horizontal (due to heat issues) - although in the exact same area of the room...

So after seeing your post, I put the router horizontal again...ET VOILA!

Thanks a ton for stopping me from almost returning this to Amazon :-)

Level 7

Jump to solution

My Ultra Roku remote started with this behavior about a week ago.  I have blown out the buttons with canned air, reset the remote, reset the roku connection and re-positioned the Roku.  None of these actions fixed the issue.  Do you have any other suggestions.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

I think they just fail internally sometimes. Mine was fairly new. I'd contact Roku and see if they will replace it. They did for me. I did prove that it was the remote and not the Roku box by swapping with another box's remote. The problem went with the remote, not the box.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I believe the roku controller uses both IR and WiFi to talk to the box - you can verify by using black tape to block the IR on the remote control and/or the box. This should eliminate the double click issue but also prevents the remote from turn on/off power to the TV - so not a solution - just a troubleshoot step.

I contacted Roku support and they sent me a replacement remote which has worked flawlessly.

0 Kudos