Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tastyllama
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra remote doing double click?

Rodmueller, I have the same issue.  ProControl with IR codes.  Removed all repeats, tried 4 different IR codes, all have similar issues.  Netflix and Prime Video seem to be the worst, unusable.  Using the app remote works fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tryk
Level 7

Same issue here with a Samsung TV and Samsung speaker bar. Driving me nuts. The app works perfectly but I want to use my remote. Using the ultra hard wired

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BigFishTed
Level 7

i have the same issue with a Roku Ultra on a wired LAN connection. Has done it intermittently since day 1. This has become super annoying, i emailed roku support about it today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jokerls240
Level 7

Same problem here with all buttons and multiple apps. The solution I've found is to not use IR on the remote. If I block the front of the remote (IR emitter) and press a button, there is a delay as the remote wakes the RF system, but commands aren't sent twice. This makes me think there's an issue with command confirmation between the Roku device and the Enhanced Remote.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BigFishTed
Level 7

@BigFishTed wrote:

i have the same issue with a Roku Ultra on a wired LAN connection. Has done it intermittently since day 1. This has become super annoying, i emailed roku support about it today.

UPDATE: roku sent me a new remote the other day, no issues since.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
michael_j
Level 7

just sent in a support request on this problem. here is what I have found: the Roku remote uses both IR and WiFi for device control. The primary use of the IR is to control the TV power and volume. This is why the Roku iOS app cannot control the TV power and volume - no IR transmitter. I covered the Roku remote IR window with black tape to block ALL IR signals and this fixed the 'double click' issue. Sadly, it also prevents the remote from turning the TV on/off or changing the TV volume. The remote headphone 'privacy' works fine and I can adjust the headphone volume.

The double click issue is most likely caused by the remote sending both IR and WiFi button commands with a single button push.

I have a Harmony remote also that uses IR only and all remote control functions work with no 'double click. However, I cannot use it for private listening. Looks like the solution for now is to use multi remotes - and additional cost and 2 remote to juggle.

the fix should be simple - 

send the TV controls by IR only and the other button by WiFi - OR

give us a setting to disable sending commands via WiFi but keep the WiFi for voice control and remote headphones.

0 Kudos