Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ColinDelaney
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra remote batteries draining

Hi Danny,

Not sure what you need - [personal information removed] - if you need something else please let me know.  Thanks for your help @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
RickB1
Level 7

PM sent. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ColinDelaney 

I would be more than happy to assist you with your remote issue.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Dwight7476
Level 7

I'm thinking about getting rechargeable batteries the new roku remote drain the batteries in 2 weeks I even bought the $2 duracell it still does fast why I would like to know
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Dwight7476 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
sassynonna
Level 7

I am having this same problem.  I bought the Roku Ultra because of the included headphones since I don't hear very well.  I have found that the remote needs new batteries about every 6 to 7 days.  This is just crazy.  Is the problem with the remote?  I have had 4 other ROKUs and the batteries lasted for at least a year in them.  They did not have the headphones.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Using a headphones constantly is going drain the batteries in matter hours. Its like holding down a key until it drains the batteries. Its putting load on it, not the same thing that others are complaining about.

0 Kudos
Dwight7476
Level 7

Yes I have the same problem I bought the roku hd the battery last me a long time I now have the roku voice remote I’m thinking about buying rechargeable batteries for it 

0 Kudos