Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shoeman
Level 7

Roku Ultra Volume Limiter on Remote

I purchased two new Ultra's.  When I plugged in my earphones to the remote, the volume control worked but would only go up so much like it had a limiter built into it.  Basically they are not allowing me to turn the volume up enough as I desire.  I have a case with Roku who is investigating it but am amazed that I am the ONLY user who has experienced this problem.  (Nothing on the community about this.)

I have an older Roku remote that I paired to the same new Ultra and its remote volume (with earplugs attached) goes up as much as I desire...so that tells me it is something about software in the remote.

Hoping for a fix on this but not too optimistic right now.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra Volume Limiter on Remote

I've seen several similar reports here and elsewhere, so its been noticed, hopefully all have reported the issue directly to Roku.

The good news is, assuming its a software issue, the firmware in the remotes is programmable, so a fix should be relatively feasible.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Shoeman
Level 7

I have heard NOTHING from Roku since this issue was turned into a case (3890134 ) for further analysis.  If not fixable, I need to return the unit to BestBuy and purchase a different device (not Roku.)  Sad as I have been a very strong proponent for Roku and have owned probably 6 other units but now their lack of support is chasing me off.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Make sure you follow up directly with Roku support (chat or email) and press them on it.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
BubbaBoBobBrain
Level 7

I have the same issue. I’m hard of hearing and private listening on the Roku has been the best way for me to watch movies for years. This new remote truly sucks. 100% volume and I still can’t hear well enough.

0 Kudos