Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Voice search not working

Jump to solution

@dozer 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nancy3
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra Voice Remote "Doesn't Understand" Anything I Say

Jump to solution

I am having a problem where my remote works fine except for the voice search. It says that it cannot hear me. I cannot find anywhere to get life help on the issue Works fine except for the voice search. It says that it cannot hear me. I cannot find anywhere to get life help on the issue via phone, email or chat. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Nancy3 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll have a member of our Support team follow up to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Punkyb
Level 7

Jump to solution

What is your email?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Punkyb 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information on how to send a private message (PM), visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
here
Level 7

Jump to solution

Similar problem here.  I've tried to fix it by:

Updating Roku Ultra

Rebooting Roku Ultra

Unplugging/Plugging-in power to Roku Ultra

Replacing batteries in remote

Repairing remote with Roku Ultra

Rebooting router

Still fails with "Unable to hear you.  Try again." error message.

I'd appreciate help on how to fix this problem.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Jump to solution

@here  Thanks for the note. Typically, the recommended troubleshooting would include some of the items you've already mentioned. Rebooting both your device and your wireless router, replacing the batteries, then re-pairing the remote to your device from Settings>Remotes and devices should help clear up the issue. You can see some additional pro-tips here: https://support.roku.com/article/208755708

If that still isn't resolving the behavior, the next troubleshooting step would be to try performing a full factory reset on the device, and set it up again. This will clear all data, channels, and login information, and allow you to set the device up fresh. See steps for performing this here: https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-

Keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Punkyb
Level 7

Re: Voice search not working

Jump to solution

For me it is not a device issue, since voice works with the remote app on my phone... what solutions are next?

0 Kudos
here
Level 7

Jump to solution

I found the problem.  The remote is defective.  (I tested with another remote.  The other remote worked.)

Now, I'm having difficulty finding a replacement remote.  My defective remote is a model RC-AL4; which doesn't appear to be made anymore.  I'll figure it out when I get some time.

Thanks everyone for your help.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Jump to solution

@here  Glad you were able to resolve the issue. If you need a replacement remote, the Roku Enhanced Voice Remote listed here is the latest version of your previous remote: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Please note the compatibility section for supported devices and let us know if you have any questions. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos