Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ledettm

Roku Ultra TV Room Battery Cover

My Roku Ultra TV Room remote was dropped and the battery cover cannot be located.  Is it possible to purchase one of the other remotes i.e. the cheapest one and use the battery cover from the cheaper remote with the Roku Ultra TV Room remote?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Ultra TV Room Battery Cover

You can just purchase a universal remote that works for Roku Ultra. The Ultra comes with the Voice remote or voice remote pro. Those are different then the simple remote. Do you have the voice remote pro or just voice remote?

https://www.oneforall.us/universal-remotes/urc-7935-streamer-remote

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@ledettm 

Any of the Roku Remotes will work. Until recently, the Ultra came with the Voice Remote ($20). Recently, Roku began including the Voice Remote Pro ($30), which is rechargeable. And, of course, you could get the Simple Remote ($15) but that won't control the TV power or volume, and is IR and needs direct line of sight.

Honestly, if you put some duct tape on the remote to keep the batteries in, the remote will continue to work, as long as you don't press the pairing button, plus you would save some money.

If you do opt to replace the remote, you can find Roku brand remotes, the same ones that come with Roku devices, at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and other retailers.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
renojim

I'm pretty sure the new inexpensive simple/IR remotes use AAA batteries while the Voice Remotes or any of the older RF remotes always used AA batteries.  The battery cover is completely different.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

@renojim  You are correct. I have both the covers are different. So no not just "any" Roku remote will work. 

DBDukes

@renojim @ledettm 

I was simply suggesting that if a new remote was purchased, to just use the new remote.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos